"Adoption means you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy"~unknown

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bringing our baby home....

Our journey has had a lot of ups and downs....but we know that God is faithful. He has called us to adopt to add to our family and we know that He will provide all that we need, emotionally, financially and most importantly spiritually.

As i was reading another blog "Along the narrow road" I was overwhelmed with emotion thinking, yes that is exactly what I am feeling.  Since she said it so well I am going to share the thoughts here....


..........Our hearts have been opened for whatever God wants. Older, younger, domestic, Africa, yet God just keeps saying "wait, I have the child for you."

I know that everything that we go through is for our transformation. I know that one day we will finally hear those words that we have been longing to hear.

But this waiting has been hard. Well over a year on this journey to our child and it is hard. The waiting the hearing the No's never leaves you. I may have peace about it most of the time, but it's still there. You get to a point where you feel like you have been forgotten about, you get to a point where you feel like it will never happen, you get to a point where you start asking the Lord "What am I missing?"

Yet He keeps saying, "Keep waiting, keeping your eyes on Me. I have great plans for your family and a special child that was picked to be a Coffee."

 I just want whatever the Lord wants and so waiting is where I will be, keeping my eyes fixed on Him, longing to hear a Yes! and trusting that His timing is ALWAYS perfect.........

If you feel led to help us financially please use the donate button to the right.

We covet your prayers as we start with a new agency that this is where God wants us to be.....





Much Love,

David, Kristen and Caleb Coffee

1 comment: