"Adoption means you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy"~unknown

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Beginning....the very best place to start....

David and I knew that we wanted a large family, little did we know that we would have had a hard time accomplishing that!!  We had always talked about adoption but thought that it would be later in life after our biological kids had grown.  After almost 5 years of infertility and no answers we decided to start looking into adoption at that point in our life.  We met with a private attorney and signed papers to start working with him.  We had just received a settlement from my knee and put away money from that knowing that adoption with this attorney would be about 7-8 k here in NY........so we created our profile, stated we were open to any gender any race.  Then.....we waited, and waited and waited some more.  We prayed, we thought about another baby in our house and at times we wept.....it was SO frustrating at times. I could feel myself withdrawing from God, almost getting angry.  But, I would always come back to Him, knowing He loved me and knew what was best for our family, I just had to be patient and know His timing was perfect, not mine.  As time went by other friends got pregnant, others adopted, and me....well I screamed out to God with tears streaming down my face "Either give it to me or take the desire away!!!!"....then I would again, calm down and know that He knew.  Maybe we weren't meant to have the large family I had dreamed about.....but maybe we were...........

I will write more next time....this is just the beginning of our amazing journey!!!

Tomorrow is the last day to enter for the nook.....we are so close, yet still so far away from being fully funded....like you read above we did have money that we set aside for our adoption.....but not enough, and unfortunately we poured  a lot of that money into an agency that got us nowhere....but God has a plan!! If we just had that money to hand over, well this journey wouldn't be as amazing and we wouldn't have gotten to see Him work in amazing ways!!!


I can't wait to see how God moves the next few days on our funding as we have a large portion due monday......will He use you?  There is a donate button to the right that goes to our paypal account that is directly linked to an adoption fund...should you not want to use paypal please feel free to email me at dfkmcoffee@aol.com...every dollar helps!!

I'm looking forward to sharing more of our journey with you as the days go by and hope you are all blessed by it and see how REAL our Father is!!!

1 comment:

  1. I understand those feelings of desire to have another child all too well... I feel like everyone around me is also getting pregnant, having babies, etc. Looking forward to reading the rest of your journey; thank you for sharing! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete