"Adoption means you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy"~unknown

Monday, August 8, 2011

Being called...

I knew that God was trying to talk to me for a long time, but I was so unsure of what He was calling us to. It felt as though we would never be chosen so I told David I wanted to stop the process.  A few weeks later we were in church and in the middle of worship.  For those of you who go to our church know that Bryan can really help draw you to worshipping our King.  I abruptly got a feeling in my heart and leaned over to David and said "what do you think about adopting a baby that has down syndrome"...his response..."whatever God has for us I am open to".....  This is where the story gets good!!!

The next night (ok, the middle of the night, was God preparing me or what!!!)   I was online and saw a post from a woman I had never met, but totally respected and prayed for as she and her husband went to Ethiopia to adopt their beautiful daughter.  Her post read, baby boy with down syndrome needs a family.  I tried my hardest to wake up David and tell him, but that my friends is next to impossible once he is asleep!!
I emailed my friend Stephanie and asked if she thought they would accept a family from NY.  She said "I don't know, but email this person, Tracey.  I emailed her and she was unsure but had me call Michelle....Michelle had us send over our profile and she sent us on to the agency that was handling the adoption.  This all happened in the matter of a day.....So if you are following me (kinda hard to follow myself... :)  I heard God on a Sunday and Elijah was born that Monday!!!  How good is our God???

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------More to come next posting.....

We are still not fully funded, should you feel led you can use the button to the right to donate, if you can't, we get that :)  but please pray for us that God would provide the funds we need.  We have given up coffee out, eating out and me getting my nails done......because that is what God called us to.....is He calling you to give up something today to help bless someone?

Looking forward to sharing more of our story with you....it only gets better from here!!!!

Much Love,

The Coffee Clan :)

1 comment: