"Adoption means you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy"~unknown

Monday, August 15, 2011

Chosen....

The mom was given our profile with several others and the next morning I read on facebook that the little boy with down syndrome found a family, since we weren't contacted my heart sank.  I did however feel a little nudging to call Michele from Adoption Answer (amazing, amazing agency) and said "I am assuming since you posted this baby found a family we weren't chosen", she said no, that family is you!!!!  My heart was overflowing with joy!!  Over the next few days we waited and waited, had many phone calls and unfortunately they never heard from the mom again, she was't returning calls, emails and wasn't going to the hospital to visit her baby boy.  At this point we were told to assume she decided to parent.  We were crushed but continued to pray for him because we weren't sure what kind of a situation he would be in knowing the dad didn't want to raise this precious little boy :(  Somewhere deep in my heart I still knew he was meant to be ours, but I didn't share that (except with David) as I was guarding my heart.

A few weeks went by and we were getting ready to go to Caleb's soccer game and my cell phone rang with a blocked call.  Figuring it was my mom telling me she was going to meet us at the field I answered really goofy....maybe not such a good idea!!!  The woman on the other end said "ummmmm, is this Kristen Coffee"?  I said yes....."this is Jamie from Adopt International, do you remember me"?  Remember her???  How I longed to hear her voice again because I knew it meant Eli was again going to be placed with a family.  She told us mom decided to place him with our family how soon could we get to California.....How is Thursday???  Thursday is great, see you then!!!!  And so the journey began!!


We are working hard on getting fully funded for Eli's adoption.  If you feel led to donate there is a paypal button to the right that you can use.  Also, we are in the process of doing an online auction and a pancake breakfast, if you would like to donate something for us to auction off that would be amazing as well!!  Thank you for investing in our family.  We continue to covet your prayers as we are on this journey ( and we are loving every minute of it, God is amazing us everyday!!)


1 comment:

  1. this whole story shows so much of Gods goodness tenderness, and perfect timing... it blows me away every time I hear it, read it, or even think about it. Love your family. A lot.

    ReplyDelete